The Caribbean Safety and Security Net’s primary mission is the collection and dissemination of accurate information relating to crimes against yachts in the Caribbean, enabling cruisers to make intelligent decisions about how and where they cruise.
This is accomplished through the resources and information available on this website. The CSSN website includes not only all of the current and historic information on reported incidents (use the Island Reports button to search for/sort the database), but also information and links to a variety of other resources related to safety and security for cruisers.
Take a few minutes and explore our current site. We received nearly 300 responses to our 2013 User Survey and the all volunteer CSSN team is hard at work making changes as a result – bookmark this page and check back often.
“Know Before You Go !”
- Friday, February 27th, 2015 CSSN UPDATE: St. Lucia – IGY RODNEY BAY MARINA RESPONDS TO NEGATIVE SECURITY REPORTS ON THE ISLAND
- Friday, February 13th, 2015 CSSN Safety News – Kidde Recalls Disposable Plastic Fire Extinguishers Due to Failure to Discharge
- Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 Special Analysis for Grenada from the CSSN Database
- Sunday, February 1st, 2015 CSSN UPDATE: New Security Protocols, Equipment and Personnel in St Lucia, Rodney Bay Marina (RBM)
- Saturday, January 31st, 2015 2014 Year End Report – Caribbean Safety and Security Net (CSSN)
RECENT INCIDENT REPORTS – Top 5:
- 2015-02-05 01:00 Guadeloupe, Marina Bas du Fort – Attempted Theft
- 2015-02-01 10:00 Honduras, Underway from Bay Islands to the Rio Dulce – Robbery
- 2015-01-23 20:30 Honduras, Roatan West End – Burglary
- 2015-01-17 21:30 St. Lucia, Rodney Bay Reduit Beach – Burglary
- 2015-01-17 01:00 St. Lucia, Rodney Bay Marina – Theft