The Caribbean Safety and Security Net’s primary mission is the collection and dissemination of accurate information relating to crimes against yachts in the Caribbean, enabling cruisers to make intelligent decisions about how and where they cruise.
This is accomplished through the resources and information available on this website, Facebook, Twitter and RSS feed. The CSSN website includes all of the current and historic information on reported incidents (use the Island Reports button to search for/sort the database) Also you can see all posts (see News&Reports), and information and links to a variety of other resources related to safety and security for cruisers (check out the menu to the left) Take a few minutes and explore our current site.
“Know Before You Go !”
We received nearly 300 responses to our 2013 User Survey and the all volunteer CSSN team is hard at work making changes as a result – bookmark this page and check back often.
NEWS HEADLINES – Recent 5
- CSSN and The SSCA partner to relay CSSN News&Reports on “KPK” – the SSB voice service from The Seven Seas Cruising Association.
- Grenada – Attempted sexual assault near Mt. Hartman Bay – 2015-09-20 16:00
- Local media puts “Searchlight” on persistent problems in Canouan
- Canouan problems continue, SVG officials fail to respond
- Dominica -Message from U.S. Embassy Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
RECENT INCIDENT REPORTS – Recent 5:
- 2015-09-20 21:00 Colombia, Rosarios Islands – Assault
- 2015-09-15 01:20 SVG, Canouan Charlestown Bay (Tamarind Hotel) – Theft
- 2015-09-09 03:00 Guatemala, Shell Bay Anchorage – Theft
- 2015-09-08 18:15 SVG, Canouan Charlestown Bay (Tamarind Hotel) – Theft
- 2015-08-22 09:00 Curacao, Spanish Water Cabrita Bay – Theft