The Caribbean Safety and Security Net’s primary mission is the collection and dissemination of accurate information relating to crimes against yachts in the Caribbean, enabling cruisers to make intelligent decisions about how and where they cruise.
This is accomplished through the resources and information available on this website, Facebook, Twitter and RSS feed. The CSSN website includes all of the current and historic information on reported incidents (use the Island Reports button to search for/sort the database) Also you can see all posts (see News&Reports), and information and links to a variety of other resources related to safety and security for cruisers (check out the menu to the left)
Take a few minutes and explore our current site.
We received nearly 300 responses to our 2013 User Survey and the all volunteer CSSN team is hard at work making changes as a result – bookmark this page and check back often.
“Know Before You Go !”
- Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 Social Media Features Announced by CSSN in Caribbean Compass
- Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 Panama – San Blas Islands, Navigation Safety Reminder
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 Chris Parker Announces Weather Broadcast Schedule starting March 2015
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 Deterioration in United States -Venezuela Relations Impact Cruisers – Americans now need Visa – USA declares national security emergency.
- Friday, February 27th, 2015 CSSN UPDATE: St. Lucia – IGY RODNEY BAY MARINA RESPONDS TO NEGATIVE SECURITY REPORTS ON THE ISLAND
RECENT INCIDENT REPORTS – Top 5:
- 2015-04-16 03:00 Haiti, Petit Port a Piment – Assault
- 2015-04-12 02:00 SVG, St. Vincent Blue Lagoon – Theft
- 2015-03-30 01:00 Dominica, Prince Rupert Bay South End – Assault
- 2015-03-28 17:00 Honduras, Punta Sal (Tela) – Assault
- 2015-03-24 03:01 St. Martin (French), Lagoon – Theft